Terms of Service
This is the user agreement which governs your use of the Chance2explore.com website, its advertising and promotional channels and the purchase by you of the products and services we provide. The Chance2explore.com website is owned and operated by Chance to Explore.com ("Chancetoexplore.com", “chance2explore.com”, “Channels”, “our”, "we", "us") however not all of the products or services we provide are supplied by us, therefore the contract for the product and/or service will be between you and that third party.
- Please take time to read these terms of service it is important for both of us that you understand the service relationship relating to your use of the website. We will not allow you to purchase any products or services from any of the Channels unless you have confirmed that you have read these terms.
- These Terms of Service are limited to the currently active business services and functionalities but not exclusive off services or functionalities that are under development.
- Except for the sale of a very small number of products (such as, for advertising space) the Chance2explore.com website operates as an agency model. This means that we act as a disclosed agent for third party suppliers, such as tour operators, travel agencies, spas, event organizers or restaurants etc. What this means is that the contract for the product or service is between you and the supplier. In most cases this will mean that there are additional Terms of Service governing the contract, as each supplier will have their own Terms of Service relating to that product or service. Please make sure that you have read these Terms of Service before completing your transaction with us. In specific instances where we act as an agent this will mean that we have no contractual liability to you in respect of that product. However, we may still be liable to you if we have been negligent; we have misrepresented important information or have been in breach of any other relevant law.
- All products or services sold through Chance2explore.com are not an offer by Chancetoexplore.com to sell any product or service, but an invitation to you to make an offer to our suppliers. We are free to accept that offer on behalf of those suppliers or to reject it. We will send you an e-mail confirming the sale.
- Because the contract for the product is between you and the supplier any queries or concerns relating to the product should be addressed to them directly. You will see the name and address, plus contact details, for most suppliers at the bottom of the product information section for each product or service and for all suppliers in any confirmatory e-mail we send you.
- Where your contract is not with Chancetoexplore.com but with a third party supplier such as a tour operator, spa, event promoter, or restaurant, Chancetoexplore.com may pass your credit card details (or details of any other payment method allowed) and any other essential booking details to that third party. The placing of an order for any goods and services by you will constitute consent to us passing on such details.
- You undertake to us that the details you give to us while using the Chance2explore.com website are correct in particular that the credit or debit card you are using is your own and that there are sufficient funds to cover the cost of the product or service.
- If there are any changes to the details supplied to us by you it is your responsibility to inform Chancetoexplore.com via our web form or by contacting our Customer Services as soon as possible.
- If there are any changes to the details supplied to us by you during the period between purchasing a product or service through Chance2explore.com and partaking in the product or service of a supplier it is your responsibility to inform the supplier of the changes as soon as possible.
- We will not send you e-mails which you do not want but we can not guarantee that third parties suppliers to whom your details are sent will not do so.
- Our website will not stop you from making impossible bookings such as two tickets to the same place at the same time or a voucher to one place and theatre tickets to another at the same time. If you make that kind of booking we will not give you a refund.
- We will do our best to correct errors and omissions as quickly as practicable after being notified of them. However because of the sophisticated technology that is required in operating Chance2explore.com there may be occasional times when obvious errors occur. For example, very occasionally, this may result in a price, product or service or other detail displayed or presented on the Chancetoexplore.com website being incorrect. In this case we reserve the right to cancel that contract, but this of course will be without any liability to you.
- Chancetoexplore.com does not make any warranty that the website is free from infection by viruses or anything else that has contaminating or destructive properties, although we endeavor to install and protect the website with the latest and strongest antivirus protection that is available to us.
- When do we collect data?
We can collect data from a variety of different sources, these include.
1. When you purchase products or services from the site or via any of our other distribution channels.
2. When you become a subscriber to our Opt out e-newsletter
3. When you speak to our customer services personnel;
4. Via explicit data capture measures, for example by entering competitions and completing surveys;
5. In any of the above cases the data we collect could be personal data.
- What do we do with your personal information?
When you buy anything via the site or give us any personal data as indicated above, we may need to collect information about you to process the transaction, fulfill your order and provide you with the services you expect then and in the future. This information may include, but is not limited to, details such as your name, your address, your age, your phone number and your credit card details.
- Unless we have your express consent we will only disclose personal data to third parties if this is required for the purpose of completing your transaction with us. This is of course subject to the proviso that we may disclose to members of our own group, our own professional advisers who are bound by confidentiality codes, and when we are legally obliged to disclose your data.
- By becoming a subscriber to our “opt out” e-newsletter you consent to receive our e-newsletter by e-mail.
- We do not disclose, sell, rent or trade your personal information to third parties for marketing purposes without your express consent.
- Session cookies: These are used to maintain something called session state. If you consider your journey through the site to be a conversation with us and this cookie just reminds the site where we were in that conversation (for instance if at some point in the conversation you asked us to add a special offer voucher to your basket, next time you click on the basket it is still there). These are required for the site to function but are not used in any way to identify you personally.
- Permanent cookies: These store a few numbers on your hard drive. You can view them by looking in the cookies directory of your browser installation if you are interested. They last for a long time and each time you come to our site you send us a copy of them. We use them to identify you between visits. They are not required for the site to work but may enhance your experience. We do not store any personal data in these cookies, just a unique number that identifies you to us.
- Third Party Cookies: You may have noticed that we carry advertising from third parties on our site. Occasionally they may send you a cookie. We have no control over these.
Although you cannot block "session" cookies as they are required for our site to function correctly you can configure your internet browser so that it can reject both "permanent" and "third party" cookies. Please refer to the relevant internet browser manufacturers website where you should be able to receive all the information you need."
In British Columbia, Canada we operate and are registered in accordance with the “Personal Information Protection Act (“PIPA”)” of British Columbia.
- Opt-Out Policy
Chancetoexplore.com e-newsletter subscribers have the option to opt-out of receiving further information from us. In the event you provide us with an unsubscribe notice your information will be segregated and not disclosed or used in any manner about which you have objected. However, the personal information we collected will be retained by us in accordance with our usual retention practices and procedures.
- Change/Modify Details
To change your e-mail address details, login at the top of the screen with your username and password and change your details in the screen provided. If you need to modify or change your personal details after you have made a purchase on the site please contact the supplier of the product or service immediately.
Contact - if you have any questions or concerns about the information we hold about you, you can also contact us at info at chance2explore dot com (please substitute appropriate symbols)
- In most cases for the distribution and download of Vouchers, Chancetoexplore.com is acting as a disclosed agent for a third party supplier. You will usually be able to find the name and address of the relevant supplier on the product information sections relating to each product, and in all cases in your confirmation e-mail.
- The Voucher will contain the terms and condition of the supplier where possible unless the size of the text is prohibitive. Ultimately any decision on cancellation and returns etc will belong to the supplier.
- In addition to the above, however, we have agreed with our suppliers to offer you a returns policy for specific Vouchers. Please note a description of which products are eligible for this returns policy are included in the product information section relating to each voucher.
- The returns policy is as follows:
In specific instances we may be able to arrange a full refund of the full price you paid (including outward delivery charges) if you contact our Customer Services explaining that you wish to cancel the contract with notice greater than 10 days from your receiving the receipt for the product or service. Please make sure that you inform us of the order number, product description, reason for return and whether you require a replacement or refund.
- Our 10 day returns policy applies only to certain Vouchers where it is possible to inform the supplier in time for them to make those products available for sale. It will not apply to those vouchers which, are free for your use or “bespoke” (that is, they are made to order). In addition and for the avoidance of doubt our 10 day returns policy does not apply to vouchers freely available for download through the site.
- Please ensure you take any downloaded pdf voucher to the suppliers location with you, failure to produce the voucher will result in you not receiving the discounted prices offered.
- Any voucher freely downloaded through the site does not obligate any supplier to the supply of the product or service except at their discretion; within their booking timeframe and with communicated notification from the customer. You will need to inform the supplier that you will be bringing the voucher with you, and when you will be arriving. Presenting the voucher unannounced and without notification does not necessarily obligate the vendor to its us.
- Please note that just because our 10 day returns policy does not apply to all products or services does not necessarily mean that for all other products or services there is not a returns policy. Remember for each product there are separate supplier "Terms and Conditions” governing that contract which may contain a returns or cancelations policy.
Activities and terms relating to Chancetoexplore.com
- Prices for all activities are on a per person basis unless otherwise stated; they will include delivery of the relevant voucher within Canada and will include GST & PST where applicable, again unless otherwise stated. Vouchers for the adventure package will be downloaded directly from the website via a pdf download or delivered by the supplier with whom you have contracted within stated delivery times. Please see the product information section for each product for more details.
- Although in our experience we have found that all suppliers have a comprehensive waiver of claims and third party liability insurance you will be required to sign on site, it is your responsibility to ensure you are adequately covered.
- You will be required to digitally accept a waiver of claims when you undertake any purchase through Chance2explore.com in addition to signing a waiver of claims specific to each vendor, at the time of completing any necessary paperwork prior to starting the usage of product or service.
- All suppliers that Chancetoexplore.com acts as a disclosed agent for are entirely responsible for everything to do with their activity, event, restaurant experience, or the health and wellness treatment. Chance to Explore.com is not liable for the guests satisfaction, safety, enjoyment, transport to and from or the guests demeanor whilst partaking in the activity or service provided by the suppliers.
- The information for each adventure is given in good faith and is consistent with the information supplied by the supplier to Chancetoexplore.com
- Adventures may differ from the images shown due to weather or other externalities.
Health & Relaxation and terms relating to Chancetoexplore.com
Health & Relaxation
- Due to amount and variety of content on the Chance2explore.com website and the inherent hazards of electronic distribution, there may be delays, omissions or inaccuracies in such content.
Chance2explore.com may include facts, views, opinions and recommendations of individuals and organizations deemed of interest.
- Chancetoexplore.com and does not guarantee the accuracy, completeness or timeliness of, or otherwise endorse these views, opinions or recommendations.
Chancetoexplore.com and its agents, channels, suppliers and licensors do not warrant the accuracy, completeness, currentness, non-infringement, merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose of the news and information available through Chance2explore.com
- Chancetoexplore.com, or any of its agents or suppliers are not liable to you or anyone else for any loss or injury caused in whole or part by its operation, negligence or contingencies beyond its control in procuring, compiling, interpreting, reporting or delivering the content on the site.
In no event will Chancetoexplore.com, its agents, channels, suppliers or licensors be liable to you or anyone else for any decision made or action taken by you in reliance on such information or for any consequential, special or similar damages, even if advised of the possibility of such damages.
You agree that the liability of Chancetoexplore.com, its agents and licensors, if any, arising out of any kind of legal claim (whether in contract, tort or otherwise) in any way connected with Chancetoexplore.com or the information on Chancetoexplore.com shall not exceed the amount you paid to Chancetoexplore.com
- The contents of the Site, such as text, graphics, images, information obtained from Chancetoexplore.com licensors, and other material contained on the Site ("Content") are for informational purposes only. The Content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. It is not a substitute for a medical exam, nor does it replace the need for services provided by medical professional. Always seek the advice of your doctor before taking any prescription or over the counter drugs or following any treatment or regiment. Only your doctor can provide you with advice on what is safe and effective for you.
Events - Sports, Theatre, Music, Current Affairs, Environmental and Entertainment Tickets
- In most cases for the sale of tickets Chancetoexplore.com is acting as a disclosed agent for a supplier, promoter, team, band or venue etc ("Supplier"). You will usually be able to find the name and address of the Supplier on the product information section relating to each product, and in all cases in your confirmation email.
- The contract governing the purchase of the Tickets will contain the Terms of Service of the Supplier. This will mean that ultimately any decisions on cancellation, exchanges and refunds will belong to the Supplier.
- All ticket prices displayed show separately the face value of the Tickets, any applicable payment processing fees, booking fees and any applicable dispatch or handling charges.
- All Ticket sales via Chancetoexplore.com may be subject to a per ticket Booking Fee. Tickets will be delivered by one or more of the following: Canada Post, special delivery or available at the box office. If you have not received your Ticket within 48 hours of the event, performance or activity, please contact us via the Customer Services. If Tickets that are dispatched by Special Delivery are returned as "addressee unknown", we reserve the right to cancel the Ticket booking.
- If it becomes impractical to post Tickets, due to the proximity of an event, performance or activity or in circumstances beyond our control, we reserve the right to make Tickets available for collection at the venue immediately prior to the event, performance or activity. You will be notified by phone, email or in writing (using the details provided at the time of booking) if this becomes necessary.
- In absence of any negligence or other breach of duty by the Supplier or its employees and agents, you will be responsible for any loss, theft or damage to your Tickets. In the event your Ticket is lost, stolen, damaged or destroyed, please contact us so that we can contact the Supplier on your behalf.
- We do not have any role in setting Ticket prices or determining seat locations. Upon receipt, please check the details of your Tickets as mistakes cannot always be rectified. The Ticket holder has a right only to a seat of a value corresponding to that stated on the Ticket and the Supplier reserves the right to provide alternative seats to those specified on the Ticket.
- Tickets are sold subject to the Terms of Service of the Supplier. Relevant details are listed in the product information section relating to each Ticket. Should you require any further details, please contact the Supplier directly.
- In exceptional circumstances, the Supplier may reserve the right to make minor alterations to the advertised arrangements and to request latecomers to await admission until a convenient break, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
- It is your responsibility to check whether an event, performance or activity has been cancelled or rescheduled. Chancetoexplore.com will use reasonable efforts to contact you in the event of cancellation once we have received the relevant authorization from the Supplier.
- The Supplier reserves the right to refuse you admission if in its reasonable opinion, your admission to the venue might be a risk to (a) the safety of the audience and/yourself; and/or (b) affect the enjoyment of members of the audience; and/or (c) affect the running of the event, performance or activity for example if you act aggressively and/or appear to be under the influence of drink and/or drugs. Should this occur you will not be entitled to a refund.
- Events, performance or activities may be cancelled or postponed by the Supplier for a variety of reasons. In this event, Chancetoexplore.com will not be held responsible for any such cancellations or postponements.
- You should be entitled to a full refund from the Supplier and if applicable, any Booking Fee if the event, performer, or activity is cancelled, rescheduled or if there is a material change to the subject matter of the Ticket contract that you have contracted to see, hire or participate in. Please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the Supplier.
- In the event of breach of the contract by the Supplier, the Supplier shall not be liable for any loss, damage, cost or expense arising out of the breach which was not reasonably foreseeable by the Supplier at the date of the sale of Tickets, except in respect of death or personal injury resulting from any act or omission on the part of the Supplier.
- If your Ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than Chance2explore.com, the event promoter, venue or one of their authorized sub-agents, it will become voidable and the Ticket holder may be refused entry or ejected from the venue.
- The unauthorized use of photographic and sound or film recording equipment is prohibited. Tapes or films may be destroyed. Laser pens, mobile phones, dogs (except guide dogs) and your own food and drink may also be prohibited (please check with the venue).
- Ticket holders consent to filming and sound recording as members of the audience.
- There will be no pass-outs or re-admissions of any kind. Official merchandise is usually only available inside the venue.
- The Ticket holder must comply with all relevant statutes, venue regulations and safety announcements whilst attending the event, performance or activity.
- Where an age restriction applies for an event, performance or activity, this will be clearly indicated during the Ticket booking process. Please ensure that you carry proof of age if appropriate.
You accept financial responsibility for all transactions made under your name or account.
In order to make a purchase you must be over 18 years old, be purchasing for yourself and have the legal capacity to make the transaction.
You must make sure that all the information you provide to us is true and accurate.
You must not use the website for speculative, false or fraudulent bookings.
THIS SITE IS NOT INTENDED FOR USE BY CHILDREN This Site is not directed to, and does not seek to collect personally identifiable information from, children under the age of 13. Nevertheless, if we are informed that we have collected information from someone in this age category, we will take reasonable steps to delete that information immediately.
- Failure to supply the correct credit or debit card billing address information and/or cardholder details may result in delays to the issue of your tickets and may be subject to increase during the delay. Please ensure that the details you give match those on your credit card billing statement. We also reserve the right to cancel tickets after issue if payment is declined or incorrect cardholder details and billing information have been supplied.
Further, in an effort to minimize the effects of credit card fraud, we reserve the right to carry out random checks, and may request you to either fax or post to us proof of your address and a copy of the credit card and recent statement before issuing any tickets.
- The site and any content may not be modified, copied, transmitted, distributed, sold, displayed, licensed, or reproduced in any way by you, except if you wish to make copies of the website for your own personal and non-commercial use.
This user agreement is between you and Chancetoexplore.com and is governed by the laws of British Columbia and Canada.
If you wish to contact us on any issue detailed in these terms of service please do not hesitate to do so.
By email - email@example.com
In order for us to assist with your query as quickly as possible, please make sure that you have your order number or a copy of the relevant information with you before you call us.